Social and Solidarity Economy organisations and citizens’ groups learn about innovative fundraising methods and partake in a Fundathon!
This event, organised in partnership with the Bodossaki Foundation, is part of Innovation Week Athens, a series of events organised by the British Embassy Athens and the British Council and supported by Vodafone, the Vodafone Foundation and AstraZeneca, under the auspices of the General Secretariat for Research and Technology and the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs.
Thursday 15th June 2017 9.30 – 18.30
Social Dynamo, Karneadou 25, Athens (metro Evangelismos)
Participating NGO representatives and active citizens will:
– Learn about new trends in fundraising
– Learn about the use of virtual reality for fundraising
– Discover innovative approaches to financial sustainability from Greek case studies
– Brainstorm new ideas for fundraising
– Receive expert feedback on their fundraising ideas
– The team with the best brainstormed fundraising idea will win tablets, offered by Vodafone
The event will take place in English.
Parts of the event will be video recorded and made available online here via BLOD
9.30 – 10.15 Opening addresses
10.15 – 10.40 Vodafone World of Difference – an innovative approach to supporting Greek NGOs
10.45 – 13.45 New trends in fundraising & income generation, Geof Cox, Social enterprise developer, Director of Social Enterprise Europe
13.45 – 14.15 Networking lunch
14.15 – 15.15 Small world, big stories: storytelling for charity and development in an age of rapid change, Marisol Grandon, Founder & CEO, Unfold Stories
15.15 – 16.30 Greek case studies: innovative approaches to funding & sustainability
16.30 – 17.30: Fundathon! Brainstorming fundraising ideas in teams
17.30 – 18.30 Pitching of brainstormed fundraising ideas to expert panel
18.30 – Announcement and awarding of winners.
For the detailed programme, click here.
Who can participate?
Anyone currently involved in an NGO, non-profit social enterprise or informal citizens’ group addressing a social challenge in Greece can apply to participate, either as individuals or in a team of up to 4 people. 32 participants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
– the potential of the activities of their organisation/group to address urgent social problems in Greece
– the feasibility of their plans for using the knowledge gained from their participation in the event to benefit the activities of their organisation/group
– adequate knowledge of English
How to apply?
Download the short application form here, complete in English and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00, 3 June 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by email by 8th June 2017.
For any enquiries please contact email@example.com