The ‘Points of Support’ programme is a partnership between ten Greek Foundations, aimed at supporting small national Civil Society Organisations in implementing original small-scale projects with maximum social impact, improving their infrastructure, and developing capacities which contribute to their sustainability.
On February 28, 2023, a public call was made for participants in the 6th funding round of the programme, coordinated by the Bodossaki Foundation. The programme was launched in 2015 and has now financed 119 projects, with more than 40,000 beneficiaries, and the latest call has brought together the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, the TIMA Foundation, the Bodossaki Foundation, the Captain Vassilis & Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation, the A. G. Leventis Foundation, the Athanasios K. Laskaridis Foundation, the Costas M. Lemos Foundation, the Social and Cultural Affairs Welfare Foundation (KIKPE), the Hellenic Initiative Canada and the Athena I. Martinou Foundation.
In the 6th cycle of the programme, support will be given to up to thirty-nine (39) projects, with amounts of five thousand euros (€5,000) in each case. The projects will last up to six months and will come under one of the following thematic areas which have been chosen by the programme funders:
- Social Integration of Persons with Disabilities (John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation)
- Support for Senior Citizens (TIMA Charitable Foundation)
- Prevention and Promotion of Adult Health (Social and Cultural Affairs Welfare Foundation – KIKPE)
- Children and Health (Captain Vassilis & Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation)
- Alleviation of Poverty and the Food Crisis (The Hellenic Initiative Canada)
- Environmental Protection:
- Protection of Flora and Fauna in the Urban and Peri-Urban Environment (A. G. Leventis Foundation)
- Protection of Aquatic: Lakes, Rivers and Wetlands (Athanassios K. Laskaridis Foundation)
- Protection of Forests and Other Terrestrial Ecosystems (Costas M. Lemos Foundation)
- Social Innovation in Small Local Seaside Communities (Athina I. Martinou Foundation) Ecosystems
As well as funding, the programme also offers the organisations cost-free participation in capacity building activities, which will be financed and implemented by Social Dynamo, the NGO hub of the Bodossaki Foundation.
More information about the 6th cycle of the programme can be found here.